Environmental activists are building a replica of Noah's Ark on Mount Ararat — where the biblical vessel is said to have landed after the great flood in an appeal for action on global warming, Greenpeace said Wednesday.
Turkish and German volunteer carpenters are making the wooden ship on the mountain in eastern Turkey, bordering Iran.
1. Plan ahead. It wasn't raining when Noah built the ark.
2. Stay fit. When you're 600 years old, someone might ask you to do something REALLY big.
3. Don't listen to critics--do what has to be done.
4. Build on high ground.
5. For safety's sake, travel in pairs.
6. Speed isn't always an advantage. The cheetahs were on board, but so were the snails.
7. If you can't fight or flee-float!
8. Take care of your animals as if they were the last ones on earth.
9. Don't forget that we're all in the same boat.
10. Stay below deck during the storm.
11. Remember that the ark was built by amateurs and the Titanic was built by professionals.
12. Remember that the woodpeckers INSIDE are often a bigger threat than the storm outside.
13. Don't miss the boat.
14. No matter how bleak it looks, there's always a rainbow on the other side.
ein hod posted a video - ein hod posted a video ein hod , simon borst 2010 ""
1 week ago